Students talking - language matters, part 2

Uzice gimnazija's students have their reflections on language learning, too. Feel invited to leave your comment!


Djurdjina R., 15
I started learning English when I was three. By the age of four I learned it. It all started with the channel called ‘Disney’. I love English because it helps me meeting new people. I can also travel the world with it. I want to keep learning and developing it.

Ana S., 15
Learning new languages can be very helpful because you can have more opportunities and it’s fun to learn and speak several languages. For example, you get a job more easily if you can speak a foreign language; if you go abroad you can communicate with people. In my school we learn three languages, English, Italian and Latin. I would like to learn German.

Lena L., 15
Language is a big part of culture. Thousands of languages give us an insight and better understanding of someone’s nationality, culture and traditions. With learning new languages, we not only expand our knowledge, but expand our mindsets towards different parts of the world. For me personally, learning languages is a very important and interesting thing. There is more to it than just learning grammar and technical things. I’m amazed by how much we can learn just by watching television and listening to music in that language. I’m currently studying Italian but I hope that in the future I will get to learn more languages and expand to different cultures.

Sofija T., 17
Knowing languages for me means having connections with the world. Like a secret code that only people of that nation know. You can crack the code by learning. You can also travel there carefree.

Andrea J., 15
The first language I learned after my native language was English. Knowing more than one language helps me connect with people from different parts of the world. Learning is fun, the process of it is challenging and you can make friends along the way.

Danilo Z., 15
I love learning new languages because I can communicate with more people. Also because I can learn them easily.

Nevena M., 15
I speak several languages, as for example my native language, Serbian, then English, Russian and the language of the deaf mute. I want to learn new languages because, in a way, I get to know the culture of that nation. And that is very interesting to me because I mean that I will need it in my life, for example when I go to visit some city abroad.

Milica P., 15
Some people like to learn mathematics, physics, chemistry. But I just love to learn languages. By learning the language we learn the culture of a nation or state. I love to learn languages because I can express my feelings in other languages, and I can also meet and talk to different people. I also like to sing and read in other languages.

Jovan S., 15
I love English because when you know it you can meet with people all around the world, to make friendships with them and to learn lots of things about different cultures. Knowing English is so important because Englsih is the world language and everything about new technology is in English. If we want to understand world and innovations, in some way it’s necessary to know English.

Andjela T., 15
When we’re learning a language it’s not always just about perfect grammar, excellent spelling, good pronouncing and knowing a lot of ‘smart’ words. It’s a way more than that. First of all we have to do it with love because if we are torturing ourselves and trying to do something on purpose because we constantly feel like we have to, we are most likely not going to succeed. When it comes to learning a new language we are supposed to love that language. In our minds we should travel to that magnificent country, meet with people and culture, music, movies, think in that language and by doing that we have already learned more than we would be opening a dictionary and pronouncing some random words. Languages have always been my passion and become a big part of me through the years. I’m really into arts and history of foreign countries and what’s the better way to get to know that than learning their language and visit them one day.


Comments

  1. For comparison with Warsaw high school' s students ideas, go to https://we-speak-european.blogspot.com/2018/09/students-talking-language-matters.html. Don't forget to comment, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts