'We speak European' - on how the project started



Comments

  1. For a lot of people in our school (VKO Opwijk – Belgium) mathematics and science seem more important than languages. But they forget that you always need language to communicate, even in mathematics and science… So we – the language teachers – wanted to put “language” in the spotlights. 26.09, the European Day of languages was the perfect opportunity to do so. And why not make an eTwinning project out of it as well, to share experiences.

    I posted an add on the eTwinning partnerforum and the response was overwhelming. The project 'We speak European! was born. And I hope we can learn a lot from each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw Veerle's post before summer holidays, at the end of June, and as a language teacher, I liked it a lot and responded instantly. Being on online eTwinning courses at the time, I started thinking about the tools to use in the future. Most importantly, I was impressed by the organizational work done by Veerle at the beginning. Since then, it's been great fun collaborating with all the teachers. I'm sure our students will enjoy it, too:).
                                                                             Agnieszka Anisimowicz, Warsaw

      Delete
    2. Hi everybody! I saw Veerle's post as well before the summer break and I was very surprised how many teachers signed up for this project in no time. It's fantastic and I learnt already a lot of new skills like using apear.in or using a padlet :D
      Looking forward to the first live contact with one of you! Have a wonderful weekend!

      Martina Janke-Nilsson, Sweden

      Delete
  2. I found the call for a new project in the Twinspace Live and decide to reply and participate although the date of the celebration is too early foro a Spanish secondary school just two weeks after the beginning of the academic year but I am used to it since I have celebrated it since 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We liked the idea of participating in the project celebrating the European Day of Languages and mainly hoped to make contact with schools around Europe, which was exactly what happened.

    Svetlana Gavrilovic, Serbia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts