Small talk between Poland and Slovakia

On 31 August, Zuzana Poluchova from Slovakia and Agnieszka Anisimowicz from Poland had a short Facebook Messenger session in order to plan their future cooperation. The day was full of staff meetings so they had to put it in a nutshell:).



Aug 31st, 12:21 pm
Zuzana: Hello, I will be waiting…
Agnieszka: Hello, I’m here – unfortuantelly alone, because the Staff meeting is haveing a heated debate and Ania has decide to stay…
Zuzana: I am also here… I was trying to call with my colleague… I could see him but he didn’t see me.
Agnieszka: Zuzana, let's use only the chatbox - because it's easier for me.
Zuzana: OK
Agnieszka: Anyway, our project seems to be really huge and I've lost track of all of it a bit. What could we do together?
Zuzana: I think we can prepare communication with our students
Agnieszka: Like yours are teaching mine Slovakian and vice versa?
Zuzana:  one lesson? I mean the group of my students - who study Russian between the students of your colleague during one lesson... it is not necessary to communicate the whole lesson...
Agnieszka: ok, I'll tell Ania about this idea - how many skype meetings? I see - one meeting. I'm not sure ania has good Russian speakers, because some of her groups are beginners
Zuzana: we can prepare the topic... first write with your Russian teacher... prepare the technology and then we can try how about you?
Agnieszka: this week our school is in a mess because ther are still redecoration works going on, next week we'll be coming back to reality, so only the third or fourth week of September could work
Zuzana: I also have beginners... but they have been learning Russian for 3years
Agnieszka: How old will your students be?
Zuzana: They are 17
Agnieszka: OK - could you suggest some topic?
Zuzana: We can prepare a simple topic... prepare the students for it... they can also speak Polish and Slovak to hear the languages... I think that the 3rd week will be ok
Agnieszka: I've got the Club of Young Linguists at school, so I'm very interested in something about Slovak. Maybe these could be just two different meetings - one about Russsian, the other about Slovak-Polish differences and similarities?
Zuzana: The topic can be about the students of the class... they can prepare the introduction of themselves.. their interests... these are the most common topics to speak and not very hard for them
So you mean one meeting about students in Russian
Agnieszka: Perfect, I'll tell Ania - but please remember that some of her students have never learned Russian at all, thez are complete beginners...
Zuzana: the other one about our differences... in Russian or in English?
OK... we accept it... It is good for them to hear the language from our students ... it can be fun we can communicate with Annia about our meeting and prepare everything...
Agnieszka: Sorry, I must have put it the wrong way - one meeting for your and Ania's students to practise Russian, and one more for your students and mine - to learn a little bit about our cultures and languages using both our languages and English - what do you think about it?
Zuzana: I don't know how we will manage all the activities... we will have to make them simpler... the school has a lot of different activities. We may start the reconstruction of our school in September within lessons:):) There was time for it during holiday The meeting can be 15-20 minutes, just to whet their appetites:)
Agnieszka:  Our schools are dfinitely similar:)!
Zuzana: Great! I also had the same idea... our understanding was right. It will be the group of different students... I was affraid that only we have these problems
Agnieszka: Perfect:). I must be going now, so let's keep in touch. I'll tell Ania about everything and w'll be thinking how to organize it.
Zuzana: I have the group of good English students. They are finishing the school this year. They are 18. Or we can choose oter students...
Agnieszka: Let's take some time to think it over - I'd prefer to invite students who are interested in the activities rather than those who don't see any point of it.
Zuzana: Fine. Have a nice day. About Russian I will write with Annia and about English meeting with you. Am I right?
Agnieszka: I think that's the best way. I'll give all the details to Ania asap. Thanks for talking and ahve a nice day, too:).
Zuzana: We were also talking about it with my colleagues. First we start the school year, think about it and then talk and write...
Agnieszka: See you then!😊
Zuzana: See you...😊

Comments

Popular Posts